Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Boppy Wedge Pillow

If there's a pregnancy sleep aid that I can recommend, it's the Boppy Wedge Pillow.  Retails for around $15 (or $12 if you take advantage of Target's annual Baby Sale).  Small enough for you to shift around whilst in a sleepy daze, but substantial enough in size to offer support for your growing tummy.

I have 2 actually -- 1 for the front and 1 for my back.  I didn't want to commit to a full-body pillow, since I'm a light sleeper and change positions frequently as it is.  Ideally, for a restless sleeper, you want something that ou can easily pick up with one hand and move to where you need it to be.  And this is it!  The zip-off cover is 360-thread count, so it's certainly soft enough to be comfortable.  And the padding has enough support to withstand your husband completely squishing it flat (bounces right back!)
I think I started using it during month 6 (January), around my first bout with the PUPPS rash.  Any pulling on my skin was really painful, so even sleeping on my side with a growing tummy was difficult -- I needed something subtle under that baby bump.  Thus, the ingenius incline of the wedge shape -- believe me, a regular pillow, although only a few slight inches thicker, won't cut it.

No comments:

Post a Comment